Friday, September 01, 2006

Reminder: hit "refresh" on your browser

Every once in a while a blog won't reload when I go to it through a link on my blog. My blog won't even reload sometimes. Instead of the newest, most recent version of someone's blog, I get some old version of the blog and miss all the new comments and posts that might be up. This happened a few weeks ago with Mr. Mop's blog, who always posts around 5 times a day - for a few days there were NO posts and I thought he had died or something. Then one day I hit "refresh" and viola! Fifteen new posts showed up. I almost fainted from excitement. Then today, I was feeling very lonely because nobody had commented on my blog in a week or so. I hit "refresh" and about 10 comments popped up!! It was like getting a bunch of birthday cards in the mailbox. Again, I almost fainted with excitement. "Refresh" is my new best friend.

6 comments:

The Mop said...

Tools->Internet Options->(general Tab)within the temporary Internet files box->Settings->Check for newer versions of stored pages->(Button) Every visit to the page.

I did take a hiatus for a few days.

The Mop said...

Those instructions were how to make Internet explorer not have to hit Refresh.

J-Funk said...

Thanks Mop! It never occurred to me to change my settings. What a revelation!!

Peggy said...

I was wondering why you had slowed down on making comments :-)

Uncle KT said...

Oh....Dariel and I certainly drank at least one for you and the D-man yesterday!

Anonymous said...

OHHH! I was wondering if you had died or something...it seemed so unlike you not to blog for WEEKS!!!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...