Friday, September 08, 2006

Blueberries!!

I've been meaning to post about blueberries for a while now. They deserve an entire post dedicated to them. Blueberries are SO AWESOME. Every summer, as soon as they come into season, my Studly Hubby and I buy as many as we can (sometimes 3-4 boxes at a time) no matter the cost. I put them on my cereal, but sometimes I eat them plain. I think they're my favorite berry, or close to it. Although, my berry loving gets a little confused sometimes. I really like strawberries too but they are much easier to get so that may make me THINK that I like blueberries better when really I don't. Although maybe I do. I think the blueberry season lasts a bit longer in Seattle and I'm pretty excited about that.

I'm still managing to score plums on my walks to and from work, however it's been made harder by some "pick fruit for the food bank" group that comes along and strips a tree of its fruit then leaves a happy little sign on the tree saying "this tree has been picked for the food bank!!" What a bummer for me!! They should leave a few pieces behind, I need fruit too. There's one tree left that hasn't been stripped for the food bank, although I think other people have been helping themselves to it also because I am starting to have to look around for the plums whereas before I could just grab a few on my way by without even slowing down.

Peggy - I'm going to get that recipe posted as soon as I get a chance.

Announcement: My former (naked) co-worker just had a baby! She and baby are fine, the dogs like the baby, and all is well on the home front (although the birth was a bit hard and she's still in recovery). Now I need to swoop down there (to Portland) and invade the quiet baby-time and try to knock everyone off-course as much as possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your cousin Alison is a blueberry fancier. I personally like them mixed with homemade yogurt. Or on vanilla ice cream. In Pittsburgh, the first blueberries in the stores are from NC, then from NJ, and then from MI, with a short local blueberry season somewhere in there.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...