Friday, September 15, 2006

Here comes the rain

For the first month and a half we were here, it was sunny every day and 80F, it was like living in a fantasy world where the weather is always perfect. The result: drought conditions - everything had turned brown. They tell me the seasons in Seattle are: no rain (summer) and rain (winter). In Minneapolis the seasons were: construction (summer) and snow (winter). Well, yesterday it finally rained, so I think that means winter is coming although my winter sensors are thrown off because it's not actually getting cold out, at least not as cold as in Minneapolis. In Minneapolis you'd have felt that face-chilling snap of cold by now that told you winter was coming. We did put our down comforter on the bed last night, thinking the cold must be coming, and it was a little bit colder yesterday but that may have just been because it was raining instead of sunny.

A torrent of comments on Peggy's blog in response to a post about the the Scotland rain leads me to believe there are some people out there who like the rain. I like a little rain but I'm very worried about putting up with four months of it. Thankfully we have a lot of travelling planned this winter, as well as almost monthly visitors, so it'll probably go by quickly as does everything these days.

Today: cloudy again with rain in the forecast. There's going to be some sun this weekend though so we may not be totally doomed (yet).

No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...