Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A beer and some allergies

The Studly Hubby had to stay home from work the past few days due to a bad case of the allergies - or a mild case of something worse - so he had to miss a work outing tonight which involved beer. The Studly Hubby isn't as big of a fan of beer as I am so I'm not sure that he minded but I certainly had a good time and even managed to get a ride home from a co-worker.

I am a big believer in speeding up the getting-to-know-you process with beer. Unfortunately, it would be weird to pull out a case during lunch and pass it around (although it has been done, and the popularity of this lunch-beer business seems to be correlated directly with the number of Wisconsinites you are having lunch with). So, you have to wait for some sort of beer-related opportunity to come up, and then be sure to have some. So that's what I did. And it worked out well, I think I finally broke down some barriers and even learned a few new names.

2 comments:

Uncle KT said...

Just for the record I don't think that I ever pulled out beer at lunch.

But someone just published a study saying that people who socially drink with coworkers/bosses actually rise up the work ladder faster than their nondrinking counterparts. Something that we wise Wisconsinites have known all along.

Anyway, Heather in an attempt to pin blame on Chris has dumped a bag of agar with an army man on my desk. On my blog i wasn't sure, but I got confirmation from Dawn.

Uncle KT said...

So you need to help me think of a top secret way to get back Jenny and Heather. I can only count on you now since there are so many underground networks in the lab I don't know who to trust!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...