Thursday, September 21, 2006

Boxes and Roses


After getting a suggestion from Peggy to throw all my unpacked boxes away, I rushed home in a panic today after work and unpacked five of our ten boxes. I could never throw that stuff away! It's treasure! All treasure!!

Then I went out and snipped a few roses off the rose bush in front of our house. It's still blooming! And our neighbor told me it's actually best to cut the roses off so it keeps on blooming (she's been watering it for us, what a nice neighbor! she called cutting the dead blooms off "deadheading" and recommended I get them while they're alive and put them in a vase). Anyhow I took a picture of the lovely roses and they are at left. In the picture, are sitting on our kitchen table with the IKEA strawberry print tablecloth in front of the bright yellow painted wall. We were really diggin' our yellow kitchen until a friend told us that couples are statistically more likely to fight in a yellow kitchen. We've only gotten into one fight since we've been here in Seattle and it was in the living room so I'm not sure if I believe her. I don't remember what the fight was about, but I think it was my Studly Hubby's fault. Maybe putting the roses in the kitchen will offset any fights we might have in there in the future.

1 comment:

J-Funk said...

My neighbor told me to clip at the first 5 leaf juncture, so she must not be up on the latest research. I'll try the new way and see how it pans out. These roses are pretty resiliant as it is - and thanks for the compliments, I didn't do anything but pick them but maybe now I'll start watering them and deadheading them too. Maybe under some better care the bush will get even bigger and more glorious!!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...