Sunday, September 17, 2006

Our new favorite tv show

We love our Netflix. So far, I have fallen in love with six tv shows:

1. Buffy
2. Nick and Jessica's the Newlyweds
3. Dog the Bounty Hunter
4. Little Britain
5. Battlestar Galactica
6. Weeds

I'm not sure if we would have ever gotten into these shows without Netflix - my aversion to commercials and short attention span during opening credits may be the culprit. Or, maybe it's that most of them are on cable or otherwise inaccessible to us. Weeds, our most recent obsession, is a Showtime-produced "desperate housewives" knockoff with a zing that makes it even better. The mom (middle) is a pot-dealing suburban widow with two kids and many interesting connections, and her best friend (left) is the normal suburban screwed-up type that somehow never finds out about the pot but provides much entertainment.

Hooray for Netflix!!

4 comments:

Fixen Vixen said...

I heard Weeds was really good! If you want to get hooked on more shows, try Rescue Me. I just started watching it, and I am totally hooked.

arial said...

If you don't have enough suggestions yet, I would suggest Veronica Mars. It's really good. I have a question for you but I will email it.

J-Funk said...

Thanks for the tv suggestions! We will add it to our Queueue, which is currently already very long (so don't expect a review until sometime next year). Peggy: no, we haven't seen the wedding episode but I am very excited about it. Did you know he got arrested? I bet he wasn't very popular in jail.

Uncle KT said...

My Mom loves Dog!!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...