Saturday, September 23, 2006

The visiting neighbor cat

Last night when we were making dinner, we opened the back door for a bit to let the breeze in. Next thing we knew, a neighborhood cat was poking his nose in looking around. We laughed at him, and he pranced on in and headed towards our living room. Thinking I would just pick him up and carry him outside, I ran after him but then he scampered off - into the bedroom! I went into the bedroom after him and he cut back around and scampered back into the kitchen, where my Studly Hubby blocked him from heading towards the second bedroom. I opened the door wider and we strategically positioned ourselves so that he would be directed back out the door, where he eventually went. What a cat! He lets himself in, explores the place brazenly, and smartly avoids his own capture. My Studly Hubby claims this is the reason we shouldn't leave our outside-facing doors open. That, and I saw a dead rat on the sidewalk the other day (a HUGE one). We really wouldn't want one of those wandering in.

1 comment:

J-Funk said...

I never thought of it like that - welcome the cats, keep away the rats. I may have to go out and buy some cheese in case our place isn't groovy enough (although it is pretty groovy).

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...