Wednesday, September 20, 2006

10 boxes to go!!

I gotta say, I'm proud of us. We're down to only 10 more boxes to unpack from our big move a few months ago. Unfortunately, we've left the worst for last: the stuff that you have no idea where to put. We are still in a Closet Situation that can't seem to be resolved (although we got both our closet doors shut for the first time this weekend so we're making progress). In addition, my desk, which I no longer have, generated about three boxes full of desk-stuff that has no home anywhere and that I need constantly, like tape, pens, maps, my address book, etc. So these things are kind of all over the apartment now. My woman-nesting-needs are not being met and I may have to spend some serious time this weekend organizing. Except it's going to be sunny out this weekend and everyone at work is brainwashing me to believe I need to drop everything whenever it's sunny and go outside and soak it up (it may have something to do with the dreaded four-months-of-rain coming up that Seattle is so famous for). So we'll see.

Meanwhile back in my old home in Minnesota a war has started between some green plastic army men and an angry post-doc and a good friend is getting tired of writing about herpes. I still miss it like crazy - I realized there's definitely a grieving process that you go through after you leave a good place and a good job and a lot of good friends like that. That was a big part of the trauma. I think I'm getting better now though, and reading people's blogs definitely helps. It also helps to spend a weekend having fun with your Studly Hubby, maybe getting out and soaking up the sun a little...

2 comments:

Uncle KT said...

I'm gonna post pictures when I get the army men in the mail and they end up in Kristichistan.

Anonymous said...

You could just throw those last 10 boxes out. You know that what ever is in them isn't necessary for daily life. They have the potential to be the kind of moving box that doesn't get opened for years. I had a couple of those boxes years ago. They were in the attic and became a sort of pre-move time capsule. Opening these two mystery boxed were mostly an exercise in saying, "Why did we pack THIS?"

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...