Monday, March 29, 2010

Grandma comes to town!!

The Studly Hubby's rockin' awesome employer gave him two weeks off after Layla was born. I didn't realize before she was born how much we would NEED that two weeks - I was totally not ready after one week. We did really enjoy his time off, especially after the first week when I was feeling better and the baby was finally taking short breaks between feedings so we could venture out of the house. Below is one of our first times out with the stroller, we went to the park in the neighborhood.

Just before the Studly Hubby had to go back to work, my mom (Layla's GRANDMA!) arrived in town for 10 whole days to help me out.

She was thrilled to finally meet her granddaughter.


On Grandma's first day here we gave Layla a bath and then went directly out to buy her a pretty bow for her hair and some other nice things.


We went on so many adventures that I got all worn out and so did Layla - she actually slept 6 hours in a row on Saturday night! I couldn't believe it.

Having Grandma here has been GREAT. She is helping me figure out how to take care of her on my own and she is helping with all the housework and many diaper changes. She is also making sure I get out of the house a lot so I don't get bored and worn out from nursing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Linda! The photo of you with Layla is one of my favorites, yet. --Derek's Lori

Peggy said...

It is nice to have the support of Doulas and midwives but there is nothing like the support of a family member who you love and respect! Three cheers for Derek and Grandma Linda! The photo of Layla with her Gran is one of the best ones (non-professional) yet!

Kathy said...

I am so glad your Mom is there, nothing like a Gramma and her grand baby girl :) Enjoy the time together!

Mandy said...

I don't know how women do it on their own - whether they're single or their husbands have to go right back to work! It was AWESOME having a few weeks off for David, plus it wouldn't have been the same if he hadn't had time to enjoy his new baby, too!

Glad to hear all is going well!! Enjoy getting out as much as possible, but rest as much as you can, too!

uncle bruce said...

Nice thatch of hair on that head.

Your own photos are way more interesting than the professional ones. With yours I feel like I'm actually getting to know her. What a princess!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...