Monday, January 15, 2007

Back on Track

We arrived home safe and sound last night and had an AWESOME trip, I'll post more details later but for now, a brief recap:

Animation Mentor, the school from which my Studly Hubby was graduating, got some local press, which you can read about here (and watch the video clip off to the right that they showed on the 6 o'clock news Friday night).

My Studly Hubby won an AWARD for being so studly!

We met SO MANY wonderful and amazing people I was just blown away. I'm not even part of the program and I felt like I met a few people that I could have been best friends with. One couple in particular was uncannily like us; a science PhD wife who just got a faculty job, an animator husband, they have similar geography issues and also met in high school. They took us out to breakfast on Sunday at the most amazing Buddhist temple in Berkeley and I almost cried when we said good-bye to them.

4 comments:

arial said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
arial said...

There were too many typos in my first comment. I didn't even catch them when I previewed, but there they were laughing at me when I published the comment.

Congrats to the Studly Hubby.

They serve breakfast at a Buddhist Temple? Tell us more J-Funk.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Studly Hubby!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We're very proud of you SH!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...