Sunday, January 21, 2007

I LOVE SUPERMAN

The Studly Hubby and I finally got around to watching the new Superman Returns movie with the oh-so-hot Iowa boy Brandon Routh (ladies he is HOT - as Iowa boys tend to be). It was better than I thought it would be! Mainly because Superman is such an awesome hero.

As we were watching, I had an epiphany. Superman is the quintessential dream guy. I think it was Superman that I modeled my first expectations after (sorry guys), at the age of 6. When I was 6, every 6-yr-old kid I knew wanted to be Superman or marry Superman. If you could draw the Superman logo just like the real one you could really earn some friends. If you had a cape and some red underpants, even better.

So last night while we were watching the new Superman movie I relived my childhood a little bit, and at the same time wondered what was so hot about a guy in some red underpants anyway. Definitely his little curly hair tuft has something to do with it. And his superpowers are pretty great too. But I think what really gets the girls excited is his shy and nerdy alter-ego Clark Kent. Who can't resist a shy and nerdy no-name with secret superpowers? That's why I married my Studly Hubby. Plus he's from Iowa.

6 comments:

Derek said...

So who is hotter? Superman or Aquaman? I hope this doesn't cause your mind to explode. Whoa!

Peggy said...

I never dated ANYBODY from Iowa that looked half as good as Superman (or your S.H. for that matter).

J-Funk said...

Superman is DEFINITELY hotter than Aquaman.

Peggy - you may not have been looking in the right places. Hot Iowa boys are usually hiding on farms or in their parent's basement playing video games. Sometimes their girl skills are lacking. And sometimes you don't notice how hot they are until they take off their glasses and rip off their shirt (and have on underneath a blue bodysuit with the Superman logo and some red underpants).

Anonymous said...

So...what are the D's secret powers????? ;)

Anonymous said...

Superman's allure says it all. Do we detect the same mystery in him now as we did when we first discovered him? Do we have the ability to detect new kinds of mysteries at work in our lives? Have you met your own superman yet?

Anonymous said...

Good to know, since I'm from Iowa also... :-)

Superman IS the coolest hero. But we've all got it in us... sometimes we just need someone to show us.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...