Monday, January 01, 2007

Yay for 2007!!

I spent about four hours blogging last night - I think I was catching up on 2006 (or at least the week between Christmas and last night that I was absent from the internet). In addition to reading everyone else's blogs, I posted some about my great week and about all the things I did last year. I had a crazy year! I'm hoping next year is a little less crazy but my New Year's resolution to myself is to learn how to spin the crazy stuff a little more positive and try to enjoy it all more. It's my life after all, I'd be changing it if it wasn't what I wanted (and it IS what I want, I just don't seem to always realize this). So maybe it won't be less crazy in 2007, but I'm going to be ok with it either way.

We are winding down slowly from having visitors and doing all the Seattle adventures. My Studly Hubby got sick on Sat, spent most of yesterday hacking and blowing his nose, and is currently in bed. I won't wake him. I'm actually going to work today - my first time at work on New Year's Day ever, I think. I'm not much of a work-on-holidays type of gal normally, but I also don't usually take as many vacation days in a row as I did last week (although that's not why I'm working today). I'm working today because our lab is moving in two weeks, they're shutting down the radiation room this Thursday, and I'm giving lab meeting in three weeks. So whatever I want to get done before lab meeting (which is all radioactive experiments) has to get done between now and Thursday. So I'm going to go in for as long as it takes to get an experiment done in the radiation room, and I'll enjoy the holiday quiet that should be underway and maybe get a few papers read while I have some down time. Then hopefully I can leave a little early to come home and enjoy the holiday. Next week we'll be fighting over benches in our new lab space and then the Studly Hubby and I are taking off for San Francisco for his graduation ceremony (yes he DID graduate and is up for an award - he is supposed to prepare a speech!). We'll spend a long weekend in San Francisco checking out the city too, I've never been there. Then it's back to Seattle for a full two months of not-much-but-work, so we'll have lots of time to take down our Christmas tree and decide whether or not to get a dog. Perhaps the Studly Hubby will find a job during that time too. And I'll have loads of time for blogging.

Tootle-oo (or however you spell that) and have a happy first day of 2007!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Phinester,

Sounds like a fun year (well mostly). I haven't read your blog in months and just remembered that you had one. So here I am. Anyway, sounds like all is well except for Derek's cold :( I put myself in the ER over X-mas eve. Long story, but no harm done and all is well.

Your working w/radiation? YUCK. I swore I'd never do it again! All is great in Jeff's lab. The review is due tomorrow. yikes. but I've been working on it for a couple of months so it is ready to go......very exciting!

Isabelle is a peach. HOpefully you got the picts in the card. Patrick is well. Totally SWAMPED w/his business....which is a good thing.

Talk to you soon.
Heidi

Anonymous said...

I had to take down your comment on my blog. No free speech there. :)

J-Funk said...

Heidi - awesome to see you sistah!

Uncle KT - my comments may be deleted but I have news for you: I can PUT THEM BACK UP!! Hah!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...