Thursday, January 25, 2007

Jackass 2

For some reason neither of us understood, my Studly Hubby and I rented Jackass 2 from Netflix and watched it last night. I have never seen the show nor did I see the first movie but I've heard all about it so thought maybe I'd give it a go. It turns out, it was exactly what everyone said it is: a bunch of crazy guys kicking each other in the balls and doing all sorts of other dangerous stuff. I can't believe one of them hasn't died yet. Some of the stunts were actually kind of fun to watch, like all of them trying to do loop-de-loops on tiny motor scooters (one guy actually made it all the way around). Mostly they were just going for a high 'cringe-factor' - something that would make us cringe - like when Steve-o has a leech put on his eyeball. And some of the stunts were AWFUL, crazy things that you can't imagine anyone doing - like getting branded (badly) in the butt and skateboarding/bicycling/rollerskating top-speed into a brick wall and landing on pavement. Some of the stunts were so bad that someone would end up throwing up (once the camera guy threw up). I guess the important thing is that we kept watching it, which is exactly what they were going for.

4 comments:

Uncle KT said...

I also watched Jackass 2...and as someone who watched the show and the first movie I have to say that this was the WORST thing that they have ever put out. Most of the stuff wasn't that funny. The first movie was great. Chris Pontias has a great scene in it...almost hard to explain but great. I was dissapointed by #2!! Way to keep watching...Kevin didn't make all the way through.

J-Funk said...

Hmmmm. Maybe we should give the first movie a go. I had heard that the second one wasn't as good also.

arial said...

When my sister was in high school her locker was next to one of the producers of Jackass, Sean Cliver.

I had heard her tell me that but I wasn't sure it was true so I just looked him up and now I believe it.

Peggy said...

I can't watch that stuff. If I was their mother . . . .

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...