Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Animation Show - Take 3

Tonight we went to The Animation Show (put on by Don Herzfeldt and Mike Judge). We saw a great show, and then got to see a live Q&A with Don Herzfeldt himself (I swooned).

Don Hertzfeldt is the creator of the underground cult classic Rejected (shown at the first Animation Show in 2004) and Mike Judge is the creator of Beavis and Butthead.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Animation Show is fantastic. It's only in select theaters, and you basically have to know about it to find out about it, so now that you're "in the know" you, too, can have prized access to this great event. It features a variety of very good, very interesting and very unique short films that are all animated (and all very good, did I say that already?). Because they are not mainstream, the mediums used and the styles are very explorative, so it is a lot different than what you may be used to seeing in 'traditional' animated film. It makes for quite an experience and is also pretty inspiring.

No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...