Monday, January 23, 2006

More Hot Yoga

I returned to hot yoga tonight after almost 2.5 weeks off. Surprisingly, I was even more limber than in the last class I went to. The teacher told me afterwards that if I breathe more, I could really kick some yoga ass. She also told everyone that the yogi masters believe that you only have so many breaths in you (so you don't age physically, you age in number of breaths). Because of this, we should concentrate on breathing deeply and slowly to extend life. I'm not sure if I believe the second thing but the first thing I'm going to go for.

I had a funny thing happen to me tonight. As I was bending over in a standing pose where my head is down on my knee, some sweat ran into my nose and I felt like I had just dived into a pool and sucked a bunch of water up my nose. I was putting up with it and thinking, wow, I must really kick ass to have sweat get up in my nose like that, when the teacher said, "yeah, getting sweat up your nose happens, you have to deal with it." I was like, damn, that happens to everyone.

Anyways, I think I'm officially addicted to hot yoga now. Or at least I will be until I get that dreaded Ph.D. thesis done - it's the only way I can wear myself out enough to not feel anxious about the whole ordeal.

No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...