Monday, January 16, 2006

iPod

I want to take a moment to reflect on the whole iPod phenomenon that has swept the nation. My Studly Hubby got me an iPod a few years ago and I love it. Although mine hasn't caused me any trouble until recently, almost everyone I know that has one has had it break at least once (most have broken twice). This is a pretty high rate considering they've only been out for about three years. Plus, there was a class action lawsuit against Apple because the rechargeable battery the iPods come with was such a piece of crap. They're awfully expensive (about $300) to have them break so much but they come out with new much cooler ones so frequently it's dizzying. I'm impressed that Apple has made such an excellent comeback from the huge hole they were previously in, but honestly this whole iPod thing is starting to translate into one more cheap crappy electronic device that is going to give everyone a huge headache. I put a lot of work in transferring music to my iPod and setting up playlsits etc and now I'm afraid I may have to start all over. For the next round I'm going to do a little research and see whether there's a more high quality MP3 player available from somewhere else (although iTunes is pretty sweet and I hate to give that up).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

J-funk, My phone is an MP3 player but it is supposedly "not iTunes compatible", with a little web searching my super smart boyfriend found a program patch that makes my phone MP3 player iTunes compatible. So you should be able to get whatever Mp3 player you want! And after shopping for them for my brother....there are some way better ones from like iRiver and such.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...