Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Food Babies

My Studly Hubby and I were planning to have a classic Salmon Neopolitan home-cooked dinner tonight but the ladies at work were talking fries all afternoon and it was a long gruelling day so when the Hubby picked me up after work we lapsed in nutrition judgement and went to the Lake Street Garage instead. MMMmmm what a tasty treat. We were starving and not thinking clearly so ordered everything on the menu plus a banana milkshake and was it ever so good. This restaraunt has a half a car in it so you know it's gonna be good. And the waitress kept calling us "kids" which I think made us eat more. Anyways when it was all over we both passed out in the booth for a while then went home and passed out on the couch for a while. In between we were grunting and groaning and belching and farting and causing quite a scene.

Eventually we found ourselves staring open-mouthed at the tv with glazed eyes, and my Studly Hubby asked whether I wanted to watch something in particular. "No," I said. "I really outta get to bed." He pointed out it was only 7:30. I was shocked. I thought it was at least 11. So here I am in bed staring at my bulging stomach wondering whether there really is such thing as a food baby and whether I should be embarrassed by going to bed before 8 pm. Well I've done it before and it worked out ok so I think I might try it again. Nothing like going to bed with a tummy full of nummies and a brain-numbing food buzz.

2 comments:

Noah said...

J-Funk! I saw you on boggle! Me, you and Tom were there at the same time! Tom was "Looking for Boofer" (Bruce, a new Leverett boggle addict). That was ausome!

J-Funk said...

Noey, Dad told me you WON! Congratulations!!! I'm so sorry I missed it. I didn't realize you were both in there at the same time either.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...