Tuesday, January 17, 2006

dates

Over Christmas break an old friend of mine convinced me and my family to go to a fancy Iowa City restaraunt that she works at, Devotay. I had never been there for a full-out dinner and was very impressed. Especially with their bacon-wrapped dates in BBQ sauce. They sound gross, but oh, no, they're fantastic. The other night my Studly Hubby mentioned Devotay to a friend on the phone and my mouth started watering thinking about those bacon-wrapped dates. So tonight I bought some dates at the co-op, brought them home and ate a few. I learned something I think I already knew - plain dates are not that great. So I didn't have any bacon but did have some BBQ sauce and thought I'd dip them in there and see what that turned out like. It was kinda gross. But, a little bit good. And after a few more it turned into pretty good. And now, if I don't think about how gross it is, I'm thinking I got a pretty yummy new snack to munch on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You want to get Medjool dates. Any other kind is just filler. Don't tell me plain dates are boring until you've tried Medjools.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...