As part of the Moving Extravaganza, I spent the better part of this evening sorting/packing the Things in my Desk. Here's a sampling of what I found:
1. Millions of bobby pins. Where did they all come from? It's like the bobby pins were hooking up and having baby bobby pins.
2. A diary from Jr. High. I had to stop everything to read it. Boy did I obsess over boys!
3. 10 rolls of Scotch tape. Now that I know where they all are, I won't have to buy any for at least two years. Unless they get lost in my desk again.
4. 8 million pens (and a few pencils), most of which work. What does a girl do with so many pens? I kept them of course. I can't stand to throw away a good pen. I will stash them all around our new apartment so that I will never be without a pen.
5. Much dust. Allergy medication to the rescue!!
6. Loads of good stationary, some that I've had since childhood, most of which has only been used a tiny bit. I'm into cards these days, so it all got thrown in the Goodwill pile (whew!).
7. Loads of good cards. Kept them all.
8. 3 1/2" floppy disks, don't know what they have on them, will never know, so threw them out.
9. Several maps of the midwest. What does a girl from the midwest moving to the coast do with maps of the midwest? I kept them. Except the Minneapolis bike trails maps. I doubt I'll need those again.
10. THREE dictionaries. Damn! I'm one good speller. Or maybe I'm not, and that's why I need all those dictionaries.