Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The effort of emailing

At my old job, my "effort" would periodically get "certified" by myself, my boss, and someone that pays attention to the money. I think this is basically a way for everyone to make sure I'm getting paid with money from the most appropriate pot, and get it documented so there's no question about it later. It's weird though, formally agreeing with everyone that yes, I am working, and yes, it is worth paying me. So today it was even weirder when my Effort Certification Statement for June wasn't approved, instead it was unapproved (after first being approved). I guess they changed their minds about whether I was working.

I am on a mission to decrease the number of emails in my Inbox. This has proven particularly challenging since I get about 50 emails per day (most of which are spam). So if I delete those, plus a few more, every day it seems like eventually I should make some progress. Except that, my one email address has now multiplied into two (since I have changed jobs) and I think I have a third one floating out there somewhere, which makes it even harder to delete all the messages in my inbox.

No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...