Monday, August 14, 2006

I Miss...

Despite our spectacular weekend, I felt a bit homesick today. It's funny the stuff I miss though, like:

1. my chiropractor. Man, she was good (those of you in the Twin Cities looking for a chiro, go see Tammy at Langford Chiropractic in the Highland Park neighborhood and tell her hi for me).

2. all my buddies at work. And work too!

3. Everything being flat.

4. Having four closets and storage space (now we only have two closets and no storage space, man what a rush packing it all in there)

5. my old boss. He is great! I bet not many people miss their boss.

6. the YWCA and my spin classes. I miss my spin classes like I would miss going to someone else's beloved spin classes. I must be good! hI wonder if it would be anything close to comparable if I put the music on my iPod and hopped on my bike and cruised around a bit outside (on a flat trail of course)...

7. walking to Dairy Queen. There's no Dairy Queen here! We did buy some ice cream bars at Gas Works Park on Saturday. That was pretty good.

Ok, so here are some things in Seattle that sort of balance it out and make it better:

1. The weather. It's fantastic! Watching the weather report is like being in Pleasantville - 70s and sunny every day. They all freak out if it's cloudy even for an hour.

2. Having a dishwasher. Wow!

3. The aromas outside - flowers are blooming continuously and it smells all tropical wherever you walk. It's amazing.

4. The views. I never imagined that a "view" could be so intoxicating. Now I know what everybody was always talking about.

5. Having TWO bedrooms. I feel very fancy.

6. The rose bush in our front yard. Rose bushes here are bigger than people, they are like small trees and they bloom all summer (and I hear part of winter too).

7. Our neighbors. One of them doesn't believe in chiropractors, but the rest seem very nice.

3 comments:

Uncle KT said...

We miss you too! I think Gary misses picking on you. Occasionally he messes up and calls me Josie when I'm doing something strange.

Peggy said...

How can one NOT believe in chiropractors? They exist. I've seen 'em!

Peggy said...

Have just found this blog that may help you in your quest to settle.

http://seattle-daily-photo.blogspot.com/

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...