Saturday, October 01, 2005

Sweet Weather Saturday

We are having a bit of sweet beautiful weather before winter and cold sets in. I woke up this morning excited to spend the day outside, but by mid-afternoon I couldn't take the sun anymore and had to move indoors - I guess my body is ready for winter. Before that I got a good share of the sun and outdoors at the Farmer's market, where I had some tamales (yum!), and walked around some. I had a post-traumatic stress massage this morning to try to help along my recovery from the last two months, then immediately had a chiropractic appointment, and my muscles are now all confused and disoriented from being ordered to relax after such a long time being tense.

Tomorrow is the Twin Cities Marathon, and the route goes down the Mississippi River Blvd which is about five blocks from our apartment. We are going to go watch and cheer on one of my good friends who is running the marathon for the fourth or fifth time and hoping to qualify for the Boston Marathon (in her age group that means finishing in about 3 hrs 40 min, which means maintaining 8-8.5 min miles throughout the 26 mile race). In past events she has been extremely close and I have my fingers crossed she'll make it this time (she got sick just before the last two and was significantly slowed down but has been in good health all week, and we're having good weather, so things are looking up this time).

My Studly Hubby is working diligently on the second part of his first assignment for class - it's a Dejected Walk, complete with Anticipation of Dejection at the beginning. He's been acting all dejected all week, everywhere he walks, whatever I say to him, wherever we're going. It's rather entertaining but a little weird. I hope he's not doing it at work too.

I rented my own personal chick flick to watch this weekend while my Studly Hubby is preoccupied with dejection. It's Ella Enchanted, and I think it's going to be awesome. So get ready! Here I go...

No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...