Sunday, October 23, 2005

Attention Germ-Phobes!

Finally! A study is done that shows the ineffectiveness of antibacterial soap!

Please stop filling our sewers up with antiobiotics and chemicals and use plain old soap that works just as well. These antibacterial soaps can be "evolution in action" and promote antibiotic-resistant bacteria, right on your hands after you wash them. According to this same article (through CNN.com), the FDA is considering putting warning labels on antibacterial soaps due to their potential danger to the environment.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Good call! Thanks for the link! I like Dove.

Anonymous said...

In my buddy's lab at madison that was BL3 they used Dove soap...

I educated the 3301 students about good handwashing techniques as being more important than antibacterial soap. So I feel that I have done my part.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...