Thursday, September 29, 2005

Crabbing and Laundry and the O.C.

My naked ex-coworker (I was going to write ex-naked coworker but she may still be naked) writes,

was out crabbing for the first time. They really were monsters! they were climby and pinchy and evil pointy monsters....... but we caught a crapload (48) and are now killing and cooking them.

Sometimes she's a little crabby so I thought at first, do they go to crabby conventions in Portland? Is it the new hip happenin way to vent your crabbiness? Then I realized, Oho! she means crabbing like catching crabs! What a weird concept for a midwestern gal. Well, enjoy those crabs!

Our washer and dryer weren't working today so we called the landlord (a luxery of renting) and said, Fix our laundry! and they rushed right over and fixed it, but we were out running so they called to tell us it was fixed. Our outgoing answering machine message is this: (my studly hubby's voice) "This is J & D, get ready to Rock!" and we get all sorts of good replies to that when people call us, including one long message from my aunt that was just laughter (she called back immediately afterwards). Anyway our landlord's message tonight was the best: "You can rock on down to the basement and do some laundry." We did! Rock on!

And the O.C.! Let me tell you, that is one fine show. There's pretty guys and pretty gals and expensive cars and shiny hair and ... well you can just watch it yourself. But the thing that really reels me in and leaves me gasping for more is the EXCELLENT character development. I feel like I'm best friends with everyone on the show. Oh, they are a WEE BIT dramatic but they are NOT SHALLOW at all. No sirreee. And the problems they face are REALISTIC and INSTRUCTIONAL, boy I have learned a lot of life lessons from watching all of them. I can't wait for next week when I can be with them again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, this has nothing to do with your post, but the Google Earth thing is amazing!!! I just went through and found all the crazy nuclear installations all around the world. Soooo amazing.

Oh, and the cat pee smell is almost gone.

J-Funk said...

So what is this Google Earth thing?

I've never heard of it.

I think you're making it up.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...