Monday, October 17, 2005

You look as good as me.... and I look REALLY good!

My day today (atypical):

7:20 - drag myself out of bed
8:00 - drag myself to work, check email, set up short experiment
8:30 - 10:00 - mtg with visiting faculty - find out during the meeting that I may have to present something but hadn't prepared and was saved by the bell
10:00 - 11:00 - get back to the lab and am mobbed by an undergrad full of questions
11:00 - attempt to finish my experiment, run to the sequencing facility to drop it off
12:00 - attend seminar
1:00 - 2:30 - lunch with visiting faculty, I ask: "as a woman, what's your advice to a woman going into your field?" her response: "hire a housecleaner"
2:30 - 3:30 - drop off the receipt for lunch, watch a "car commercial" halloween joke sent through email by a friend and pee my pants when a ghost jumps out at the end, have to go change my pants
3:30 - 4:30 - Go to a presentation on a journal club article I hadn't read, realize as usual I should have read it
4:30 - 5:30 - attend 'beer and science,' eat half a bag of salt and vinegar chips despite still being totally full from lunch
5:30 - waddle home
6:00 - go out running with husband, pass TWO people that come to my cycle class at the gym, ask my husband "do I look like a slog when I'm running?" and my husband responds, "you look as good as me... and I look REALLY good!"

4 comments:

Derek said...

It's hard being this fine.

Anonymous said...

Kevin and I went running last night too. We, however, did not look fine. We actually got passed by some men that looked like they were 80. But on the bright side we're using the crock pot again today.

arial said...

WOW, "hire a housecleaner"?

That lady really doesn't want you or anyone else in her field does she?

J-Funk said...

Actually I was thinking, yeah! a housecleaner!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...