Thursday, October 06, 2005

Car Visit

We visited my car yesterday. She's kind of lonely over there in that strange neighborhood four blocks away but my Studly Hubby thinks it's good for her to socialize with new people and new cars. She still wouldn't start, even when my Studly Hubby's Studly Geo tried to lend her a battery jump-start. She's trying to turn over with normal sounds but not actually starting which my Studly Hubby's car-knowledgable dad thought meant that the distributor got wet and my Studly mechanic over at Como Imports thinks may be a good sign (at least the motor isn't wet and it didn't get water-locked like two other cars he got in yesterday - they both had to have new motors put in). Anyway we're going to give it another day or two to dry out and then we may give up and tow it over to the Studly mechanic over at Como Imports.

In other news - our phone got fixed yesterday two days ahead of schedule which was really exciting, although the blogspot website seemed to be down all night so again I am posting while at work today. We heard on the news that there was water damage all over the city from the storm and it was a crazy amount of water we received (equivalent to 6 feet of snow) - the most in one storm all year and comparable to a chaotic mess in 1987 when the 494 freeway was flooded and people could jump off the overpasses straight into the water (I'm not sure whether anybody did, I wasn't here at the time).

Stay dry everyone! And keep warm - winter's coming (I wore my coat today!).

No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...