Saturday, March 03, 2007

University of Minnesota CANCELED CLASS!!

On Thursday, the University of Minnesota CANCELED CLASS for the afternoon. This is MAJOR news. When a Big 10 University cancels class, you know it must be bad. And when that Big 10 university is in Minneapolis, where they know how to handle a crapload of snow, you REALLY know it must be bad.

It was so bad that some students made some very beautiful snow-art in front of the Memorial Union Thursday morning:


(normally I wouldn't show a pic like this because I wouldn't want to traumatize all my innocent readers, but this is in the name of art so I think it's ok)

I wish I was there (in Minnesota)! I haven't had a real "snow day" since high school and I miss it. Here in Seattle, people stay home whenever it snows at all. I wouldn't consider that a real snow day (although it is definitely cause to stay home - with the hills and lack of salt and absence of snow plows, any snow is dangerous snow).

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I can't believe I missed the large piece of genitalia! I did notice a lion perched on top of one of the pillars on the mall and an awesome looking snow fortress by the superblock! That's what happens when a bunch of undergrads are snowed in on campus.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...