Thursday, March 29, 2007

Mad Max the Pig-Dog

We're dogsitting for Max the Pig-Dog again, this time for the whole week. It's nice to have him for a longer time, so we can really see what it's like. The first day he was totally excited and ran all around our apartment like the energizer bunny all day. Now he's calming down a lot more and settling into a nice pattern. He's a very well-behaved dog, but still has an unbelievable amount of energy (especially for a 13 yr-old!). Yesterday morning while we ate breakfast and watched, he streaked continuously around our dining room table, and every morning he and the Studly Hubby hold a fantastic tug-of-war tournament. We've learned that a good couple of blocks at a hard run while we're out on each of his walks really helps to wear him out (good thing he's so little, or we could never wear him out).

I really like having a dog, and it hasn't been too hard letting him out or feeding him (as long as we share the work). The only thing I don't think I could take long-term is getting up so early - this dog wakes us up at 5:30 on the dot, every morning. Blah!

5 comments:

Derek said...

This morning I was petting Max on the couch, facing the TV. Max saw the reflection of our neighbor and her dog on the TV and started barking at them. I can't believe this dog and the TV.

I also started calling him "Smax".

Rock!

Anonymous said...

Oooo...you guys are going to have a baby soon...I can just tell...HA HA

Tink said...

You can train a dog to get up when you do though. The hardest part about having a dog is getting through the puppy stages. Ugh. I don't know if I ever want to go through that again!

Uncle KT said...

This dog sounds pretty fun! What breeds do you like the most?

J-Funk said...

We like the kind of breeds that don't get up until 8 am.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...