Thursday, March 15, 2007

Spring!

It smells good here. When we go running at night georgeous flower smells waft past us and they somehow make me hungry. Maybe anything would make me hungry when I'm already hungry. I think it's mostly the flowering trees that smell so good.

A friend at work is trying to convince us to go to Vancouver to run a half-marathon in May. It's only 7 weeks away! that's 13 miles! We're still deciding whether to go. We were going to try some cross-country skiing this weekend but found out that you have to buy some bogus "trail pass" here that costs $16/person/day, or if you wait until the beginning of the season you can buy a year pass for much cheaper. So we are going to go to REI instead and hit their end-of-season ski sale and then do some skiing next year instead. But I conned another co-worker into going to REI with us and then going out for some green beer afterwards so I'm feeling very social this week. We also went out for a happy hour last night although had to leave early because I had to get to book club. For book club this month we read the 2007 Seattle Reads book, The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri. I wasn't particularly fond of it but liked it more after discussing it at book club. This was the second month in a row that I was still reading the book on the way to book club, but they are very forgiving at the book club and still let me eat their cookies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Run the half!! I've heard that the Vancuver half marathon is beautiful! Sounds like you're keeping busy in Seattle.

Uncle KT said...

You are still supposed to buy a trail pass to ski in any of the parks in MN...it's not per day ($16 is really expensive!!!) it's per season I believe. SO if you never had one here then you were skiing illegally. That's funny isn't it!

J-Funk said...

Speedy: I KNEW you would be pleased. We still haven't signed up so keep up the words of encouragement and we'll see. We're going to run FIVE miles this weekend and see how it goes.

Unlce: What! I never knew that.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...