Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Spider-Cracked Windshield

In the past two months our car has been hit TWICE, and both times when we weren't even in it. The first time was behind our neighborhood grocery store (someone backed into the car) - thankfully they left a note and had good insurance. The second time was on the street right in front of our house. A city worker climbed up a telephone pole and clipped a wire off it, then let the wire fall on our back windshield.


(The back windshield looks "wet" but actually it's been spider-cracked all over, my Studly Hubby said you could still hear it cracking for a while after it happened)

So we were a little miffed, and had to shuffle a few things around (I missed yoga! we had to cancel a trip to Portland!), and my Studly Hubby had to take the bus down to City Hall to fill out paperwork to get reimbursed. Then to challenge the very core of our patience, the company we called to fix the car DIDN'T FIX IT for TWO WEEKS - time during which they were "ordering a part" that we found out had never been ordered. Yesterday we called up a new company and today it finally got fixed.

I don't blow my top very often but on Saturday, when I found out that the part we had been waiting on for two weeks (the molding) had never been ordered, I totally lost it. Maybe it was because I hadn't been to yoga in way too long - yoga probably helps me keep my cool. Probably it was also because I had planned to use the car for a whole bunch of different things over the weekend and had to scramble to rearrange everything (again). Mostly it was because a string of other people's incompetence had totally inconvenienced me - sometimes I feel a little bit like a wide-open target. In that case it's helpful to stay in one's apartment and eat as much ice cream as possible.

5 comments:

mwz said...

That really sucks. It's sad that *you guys* had to go to city hall to fill out paperwork. They really should have taken care of that for you.

That's a nice picture though.

Anonymous said...

Have a beer...or...have SH make you a "girly" drink...I miss his mojitos...

Uncle KT said...

That really does suck J-funk. I'm very sorry for your inconvenience! It sure does seem like far too often someone else's rudeness or idiocy affects the rest of us!

Unknown said...

Thanks for giving such an excellent information. I found Bulls Eye, which is a very good company in Windshield replacement.

Anonymous said...

Such kind of accidents are unavoidable, nowadays these cracks can be repaired but i guess the whole glass of your vehicle was damaged and that company fixed it by replacing, what was the cost by the way?

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...