Wednesday, March 07, 2007

COMPUTER DOWN...

We finally got the car fixed, and now the computer is off to the shop. My motherboard is on the fritz, they say. My Studly Hubby sacrificed an entire morning to find out for sure and ship it off to Dell where they will fix it for free and ship it back. Fortunately it died a slow death so I was able to get everything backed up (except my EndNote libraries, which I forgot about - argh). Also in my lab we have 3 (THREE!) backup laptop computers available. One of them is sort of a floating computer with extra graphics software on it so it gets used pretty frequently, but the other two are useless macs that nobody wants to use so I grabbed one and set it up at my desk. It's actually kinda nice not to have to haul my laptop back and forth to school. I really miss my computer though. The macintosh argues with me about everything, the mouse is weird and different, and I miss some of my old programs, like EndNote and Photoshop.

So for this week when I want to post blogs I have to either use the pain-in-the-butt mac at work or come home and vie for my Studly Hubby's computer. But I consider myself very lucky - at least I have other computers to use and mine will be fixed soon.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

I hope they fix the motherboard and your computer is back and happily assisting you with boggle and blogs soon.

Unknown said...

macs suck

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...