Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Day in Seattle with OUR NEW FRIENDS!

After lots of hard work and many false starts, I think we finally found some new friends in Seattle. The chick works in the lab next door and went to the downhill ski adventure we went on a few weeks ago. Her husband is an engineer and they have a 2 1/2 year old kid. They live near us and like to cross-country ski, so it started with a plan to go skiing. The plan backfired when we found out how expensive it was going to be out here, and we decided instead to go to the "mothership" REI downtown to check out their ski sale and their season ski pass deals. Once we were all the way downtown, we figured we should go check out the new Olympic Sculpture Garden, which is right up against the water and has a beautiful trail going past it. Some of the sculptures were a little too abstract for me, but others (like the one pictured) got better once I got underneath them or right-up-close to them. I think I'm kind of tactile that way. We also included a fancy downtown lunch, a brief stop to watch the irish dance troup at the St. Patrick's Day affair at CityCenter, and a much lighter dinner at Whole Foods afterwards. We were POOPED at the end of the day but very happy to have some new friends.

No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...