Monday, March 05, 2007

Portland!

We're back from a weekend visit to Portland OR this weekend, where it was actually sunny and our friends managed to have a well-kept house and yard despite total chaos (mainly stemming from having a 6-month-old baby). I was impressed with the whole trip and really enjoyed the good weather and clear views of Mount Hood. I even made an omelette for everybody but grew weary of the heinous amount of time it cooked. I think I'm becoming more impatient as I get older - maybe I'm growing fearful that I'm running out of time. Portland is a nice city and they live in an especially nice neighborhood although housing prices there are skyrocketing about like they are here in Seattle. Their kid is incredibly cute and is now one of the growing list of babies that very weakly stir the "mom" call that I've buried deep down inside somewhere. Our friends in Portland have "gone green" about as much as one can handle in a modern city; they sold their car and bought a scooter that they use for most things, then when they need something more they rent a car through a neat program called FlexCar that is mostly free through their work. I was intrigued but not tempted. I don't think I'd survive long on a scooter. Walking is the safest thing for me.

No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...