Saturday, March 03, 2007

Playing with my friend's Wii

On Saturday night we went out to party with some of my Studly Hubby's friends from school and from his internship. Two of them have a Wii, so at the end of the night, after trying to figure out where we could go bowling, we ended up going over to one of their houses to go bowling on their Nintendo Wii.

First of all, let me tell you, there are about a thousand ways to incorporate "Wii" into dirty sentences, both accidentally and otherwise. For example, "I like playing with your Wii" or "It's hard to control your Wii" or "Can your Wii really talk to other people's Wiis?" are all things that were said on Saturday night without at first realizing how dirty it sounded. I think our friend's roommate laughed so hard he peed his pants by the end of the night.

The Wii was pretty fun. Bowling was surprisingly realistic, and really good for me because I have weak wrists so normally it's hard to steer those heavy bowling balls - but with the light Wii controller I could actually make some things happen. Tennis was less realistic and I felt like boxing was just a matter of swinging my arms faster than the other guy - although the two Wii players in the room that were experienced actually looked like they were doing something when they boxed so maybe you get used to it.

By the end of the night I was having junior high school flashbacks - imagining I would be the most popular girl if I could get a Wii and invite everyone over to play with it (this is NOT penis envy, it is video game envy - they are very different). Except that it might take away from my precious blog-posting time. I can't have that, so maybe we should hold off on the Wii.

No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...