Sunday, March 18, 2007

Peeps!

I have always been a big fan of Peeps. It is my observation that few adults like Peeps - either they overdose as kids and forever after have a 'bad association', or they never really liked them that much to begin with. I still like them (despite a few near-overdoses) but I've found I can only take a few at a time these days (they're still good with whip cream though!).

My step-dad found a couple of interesting Peeps websites. The first, www.peepresearch.org, harbors extensive analysis on Peeps themselves involving their reaction to heat, cold, etc. with many pictures. Their conclusions are profound (e.g. Peeps don't respond well to cold, which would be why they are not commonly found in extremely cold environments, like Antarctica).

The second website, which is part of a faculty arts exhibit at Millikan University (and hosted on a website through there), involves a twist of the research on Peeps - it is research on Peeps doing research. This project involves a series of pictures of the Peeps arriving at the library, working on the computers and with the microfilm, checking out some books (pictured at left) and having a few mishaps with the papercutter and some heavy books and a wild-crazy librarian.

Nice find K! Thanks for cluing me in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan is the big Peeps fan here. He likes what happens to them in the microwave, too. When he was little he called them "Peepsties", and so we all call them that now.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...