Thursday, March 30, 2006

The People's Court

Whenever I get home before 6 pm, I excitedly run to the TV and turn on The People's Court. It's so good! So good! You may be thinking, wow, what the heck is this all about, but no! You should watch it! The drama! The action! The whining and crying and screaming and sighing!

The next show on my list of shows that only fill up space but are oh-so-captivating is Deal or No Deal. Now that's one empty show, but yet it reels you in and keeps you gasping for more. I try not to even let myself watch it for five seconds or the whole night is blown.

So why am I so excited about tv all of a sudden? Because I just turned in that heinous grant proposal, all 32 single-spaced 0.5" margined pages of it, that's why! I finally got hooked up with someone who knows what she's doing and got my hand held through the most gruesome part; printing out the stuff and checking it over for mistakes. I don't trust myself any more than I could throw myself so I was glad to have a second set of eyes looking it over. Now that it's done, I look forward to a long night of tv and then another three weeks at my computer writing my thesis (and another three weeks after that writing a paper). Ahhhh, the glories of grad school. The one really great part is that once you get through a string of stressors like this you take a vacation from it all and find yourself more relaxed and satisfied and proud of yourself than you could ever be otherwise. Is that why I keep doing this to myself? for the grand final break? It's like a drug or something.

Well I better run, People's Court is on and I wouldn't want to miss it.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Keep the faith J! This time next year the thesis will be a distant memory. In the meantime have fun with the guilty pleasure that is The People's Court. We all have guilty pleasures. Mine is gossip magazines and Asti Spumante. Sometimes both together!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...