Thursday, September 22, 2005

More Stormy Weather

We got pummeled by some angry weather on Wednesday night. There was destruction in the north suburbs and loud raucous and torrential downpour and the whole shabang. CNN reported on it today. I happened to be in a meeting in a room with no windows when it started and was busy working in the lab when the tornado warning sirens went off and hadn't even realized it. My Studly Hubby had to inform me to go to the basement but my kung fu co-worker and I instead oggled out the window at the disaster going on outside. In the heart of the city, where we were, the winds weren't as fierce as in the north, but there were sheets of rain and loud thunder and we could see every once in a while a lone soul running through across it thirteen stories below us.

1 comment:

Gail said...

yeah, I heard on the way to work yesterday that the gulf coast is getting ANOTHER hurricane. That is SO sad, and I feel bad for the people living down there.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...