Monday, February 27, 2006

Stretching my time

Blog posts may be a little slow the next few weeks - I'm buried under some major deadlines (grant to write, talk to give, thesis to write) and meanwhile have some significant scheduling crunches to deal with, including an annual 5 h CPR course I have to take for the YWCA which always gets scheduled on the worst possible day of the year. If I skip it though I get suspended (I tried this last year and did indeed get suspended). I am going to try skipping all my sexual harrassment trainings this year though (for both the Y and the U of Mn) and see whether that's as important as the CPR. I have the feeling it's not. I have been doing these things for years now, by the way, and consider myself an expert in both.

I thought I would give myself a break from writing serious stuff and get on the ole' blog machine and rock out with some much-needed appreciation for the things we sometimes forget to appreciate in life. And thus, I will begin part I of the Ode series:

An Ode to My:

Bubba Gump Shrimp Cup, which I got in Honolulu and loved so much I bought another one at the Mall of America. It's big, and has two straws in it, and it goes wherever I go (the cup, not the Mall of America).

Car. She takes a dunkin' and keeps on truckin'. And I found out this weekend that if she was in good enough condition, her parts could be worth $14,000 (!!). Good thing she has just enough rust on her to keep anybody from thinking about doing such awful things.

Peppermint Tea. I couldn't live without it.

Studly Hubby. He is so Studly! Thank goodness he's MY Studly Hubby.

Giant Flower Shaped Cookies (given to us by my Studly Hubby's Studly Parents). Sometimes these are just what you need to get through the day.

I think I'll quit there for now but I could go on. If you liked that, hang on tight for Part II of the Ode series. It'll come soon - or not so soon - or not at all, depending on how the mood strikes.

Ode out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll ode to blogs...it allows us all to get our daily J-funk fix even when she isn't at work.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...