Monday, February 19, 2007

Sleep Talking

In the middle of the night last night, I yelled out, "Baby, you fell off the bed!" to which my Studly Hubby replied in a sleepy mumble, "no I didn't, I'm fine." It was at this point that I actually woke up, looked at my Studly Hubby lying peacefully beside me, and realized he had not fallen off the bed - I must have dreamt it. Then I started wondering if I had also dreamt the verbal exchange that had just gone on, or whether it had really happened, because if it had really happened it was pretty funny. And it would be the first time that I know of that I was actually sleep talking. So I laughed out loud a little thinking about that, probably escalating my middle-of-the-night crazy factor, and then eventually fell back asleep.

This morning, I confirmed it - I really had yelled outloud in the middle of the night, but my Studly Hubby couldn't remember what it was that I had said exactly, perhaps because he was asleep too or perhaps because I was incoherent. If I was incoherent, then that means his response was also part of the dream (or I turned his incoherent response into what I wanted to hear, which is a more likely scenario). Either way, what an exciting adventure! The middle of the night can be full of interesting happenings.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

This is so funny! I love nights when crazy things like this happen.

One time I was dreaming we had ghosts in our house and you had to go up to them and open your mouth wide and yell. I woke up to Doug saying, "What are you yelling about!" I laughed pretty hard at that one! I tend to talk in my sleep quite a lot OR wake myself up by laughing which is always fun!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

It's great to be able to entertain yourself while you are sleeping! Hopefully you are rested in the morning. patsyann.wordpress.com

Mandy said...

I once woke to a book falling on my head and when I woke up, all I saw was my hubby standing at the foot of the bed. I asked him why he threw a book at my head and he got very upset that I would think he would do such a thing. Then I realized it was just my kitten playing on the shelves and he had knocked the book down onto my head (I had bookshelves running along the top of the walls in my studio apartment at the time). It was pretty funny once I realized what had actually happened.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...