Sunday, February 11, 2007

Taste the Rainbow

Today we went for a run around Green Lake, and a pretty rainbow came out that went all the way across the lake. It was a very nice day out (with a brief shower that spurred the rainbow) so a lot of people were at the lake and a crowd stopped to look at the rainbow some even took pictures. I wish we had a camera with us! The picture at right is just a random picture I found on Google that looks kind of like what we saw. The amazing thing was the rainbow was very big and clear and you could even see where the pot of gold should be at the bottom at both ends - I wonder what it looked like from over where we thought the pot of gold should be? Maybe they thought we should have the pot of gold. You can never trust those leprechauns - they really know how to hide their pot of gold.

Do you remember as a kid drawing a landscape with a sun, a rainbow, and sometimes a pot of gold at the bottom? Drawing rainbows was the best - you could use many different colors (way more than the sky, which was always just blue and maybe white for clouds).

I also stopped to exclaim at the pretty rainbow and reflect on all the pretty rainbows I've seen in my lifetime (this was definitely one of the best) and the Studly Hubby just about gagged from the girliness of it all (although he did agree it was a good rainbow).

The rainbow made us hungry so after our run we walked over to Chipotle and filled our tummies with yummy burritos. We may be losing our burrito stamina - it was actually a bit of a challenge taking down an entire burrito. Clearly I need more Chipotle.

1 comment:

tom said...

I remember you drawing rainbows. I believe I kept a couple of them!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...