Friday, February 09, 2007

Gettin' Down on the Harmonica

Every morning right at 8 am a guy walks past our apartment playing the harmonica. I noticed it at first because I can hear him playing. When I first heard him, I ran over to the window and looked out, wondering where the music was coming from. He has a backpack on and looks like he's just walking to school. He's about my age, so maybe he's in graduate school or works at UW. Either way, he plays his harmonica during his walk. Lately he has started belting out some blues, too. His voice isn't bad. And his harmonica playing kinda rocks. Although it's a really weird thing to hear coming from the street at 8 am.

It does kinda make me want to learn how to play the harmonica. It seems like that would be a really fun thing to do while you were walking to work. Until now I've never wanted to play the harmonica. It looks like the sort of thing you'd have to learn when you're young because it's so complicated-looking. How can you possibly make organized sound come out of one of those? I don't understand.

4 comments:

Derek said...

You should learn how to play the harmonica and then we can start a blues band. Nice!

Rock!

Fixen Vixen said...

Maybe this guy doesn't own an ipod but still wants to get his groove on while walking. What better way to do that than to the beat of your own drum, or in this case, the whistling of your own harmonica?

Peggy said...

Ask him, maybe he'll teach you to play.

Uncle KT said...

...you should learn a different instrument from Derek or harminica guy and then the three of you could forma band!!

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...