Saturday, August 06, 2005

Jamba!


I am in the middle of a fabulous weekend of entertaining. My mom and brother drove up with their bikes for their annual long weekend visit to Minneapolis. Since they've already been up here a few times we've pretty much seen all the sights and done all the stuff, so I was a little nervous we'd have trouble this weekend but no worries! There's still plenty to do. Yesterday we biked downtown (and used for the first time the cool middle-of-the-road two-way bike lane, which places you amongst the cars and feels a little surreal). We had some delicious Chipotle, went down to Loring Park (and flower garden!) and visiting the oddly famous Spoon and Cherry sculpture in the Walker Sculpture Garden. We also drifted through the Saint Anthony Main area and the always beautiful Stone Arch Bridge (and saw the new museum they're putting up - wow!).
Then we came home and watched the Worst Movie Ever Made - Jersey Girl (worse than Out of Sight, the previous Worst Movie Ever Made). This morning I taught another spin class - the third I've taught this week - and then we went for another bike ride... this time through Saint Paul, down Summit Avenue and to the Grand Ol' Creamery (world famous), stopped at a Jamba Juice on the way back for a smoothie, then back home via the River Road. Tomorrow we're changing it up and are going to watch my Studly Hubby's soccer game, then go to a beach party at Lake Harriett. I've never actually swum at any of the Uptown lakes - I always thought they were polluted or something - but I have been assured they're not and that Lake Harriett is a very popular swimming hole so I thought I'd experience it before I leave.

Jamba!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yum chipotle! I ate there a couple days ago, and oh yeah, it rocked.

Ookami Snow said...

Speaking of Minneapolis, i just visited there for the first time a couple weeks ago. It is a very nice town.

J-Funk said...

Wow Thanks for the comments dewds!! I like your 'best summer ever' adventure. I think I'm having one myself and am going to just go ahead and give myself 10,000 points for it. Can I do that?

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...