Saturday, August 13, 2005

Supersized August

I've declared August Supersized due to all the exciting events that have happened and that are planned. As such, I award myself 10,000 points for being right in the middle of it right now. Since nobody else has any points, I win! The reward is a large pancake breakfast made by my husband (yum!).

After a big week of slumber parties, my naked coworker finally flew "home" last night although her Northwerst flight was delayed four hours due to "mechanical problems" (the kind where they push back the expected flight time only fifteen minutes at a time so you end up hanging around the airport all night). The mechanics at Northwerst are pissed due to eminent outsourcing and are striking on Tuesday, the very same day we fly out for a family vacation in New Mexico. It'll be interesting. My next flight, to Denmark, is NOT Northwerst, thank goodness.

Our oven broke last Tuesday (and will be replaced next week) leaving us with two home-made pizzas that required the services of our friendly neighbor's oven. Our friendly neighbor is starting her third year of graduate school and was in the middle of a very familiar sounding 6-month long anxiety attack/nervous breakdown. All you can say to a person in that state is 'that sucks for you, is my pizza done yet?', but it made me enjoy my Supersized August all the more.

Supersized!

No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...