Thursday, August 25, 2005

Denmark, I'm HERE!

Greetings from Denmark, it turns out this country is fairly technologically advanced and we have computers in the lobby (although no toilet in our room). There's always a waiting line for the computers though so I must make it short.

The plane ride was great, we arrived exhausted but stayed awake all day and managed to see some sites, today it rained but we still got around some and had some good fish, and we continue to try to adjust from some pretty serious jet lag. I'm compiling a list of the really noticeable (and sometimes surprising) differences between Copenhagen and Minneapolis, but that will be posted later due to time constraints and instead it will have to suffice for me to share the first thing we noticed upon arrival: the computer keyboards here have Æ where the colon should be (æ where the semi-colon should be) and an Ø right next to it. Ø is apparently pronounced 'er' and every street name is completely unpronouncable (and easily forgetable, hence frequent confusion over where we're going).

Actually the first thing we noticed when we arrived here are that the escalators are flat. That's right, instead of stairs going up it's a ramp going up. The second thing we noticed was that the 'shower in our room' is in fact a see through box with a spigot and drain that is taking up the only unoccupied space next to the beds. The third thing we noticed were the keyboards.

I better not get started. Someone is waiting. Now, even though it is early afternoon to all you boring Americans, I will be going to bed.

Good night!

2 comments:

Gail said...

Awsome! I didn't expect any blog posts from Denmark!! I totally remember the escalator thing you were talking about. Try to get some sleep....zzz

Anonymous said...

Those damn wimpy europeans, I am sure they had to develop that dumb flat escalator cause all their kids were growing up fingerless from having them chopped off in escalators. Finger chopping builds charecter! When will they learn.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...