Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Good Stuff

Here's a list of the Good Stuff going on this week:

1. My studly hubby made me a delicious blueberry pie Sun night. Blueberries!
2. An experiment I did today went terribly right when it had been doing nothing but going terribly wrong all week last week.
3. I got handed three classes to sub this week and next at the Y that will land me some sweet spending c-c-c-cash AND broadened my horizons because one of them was something I've never taught before - an abs class
4. I chose to further broaden my horizons by going to the class I was to be teaching, a class which I've never gone to before, and then ended up having a lot of fun (and getting quite sore which wasn't helpful).
5. I trainwrecked the abs class when I taught it but survived nonetheless
6. I think i lost a pound worrying about teaching this abs class
7. My boss is gone this week so everyone is taking off early and taking long lunch breaks. Whee!
8. This horrifying heat wave is about to break... and we'll finally have some decent weather this weekend (keep your fingers crossed)!
9. We made a Successful Airport Pickup Monday night when my naked coworker flew in from Portland on her way to a conference in Madison.
10. The janitor has not called me fat yet this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!

That's quite a full week, I konw exactly what you went through when it comes to teaching an ab class. I had to make videos for my course and it was a real BIG JOB, but I got it done regardless.

I'm glad you were able to get through the class, even though you mentioned it was a "trainwreck".

I'm sure the participants were happy to learn what you had to share with them.

I just wanted to commend youno a job well done and say thenaks for doing your part.

All the Best,

Jake Berlin

Big believer in ab exercises and healthy lifestyle choices.

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...