Monday, July 04, 2005

Zonked

We just got back tonight from a lovely weekend adventure in Iowa - by the end I was thoroughly over-stimulated. Tonight I will get drunk and begin my recovery. Part of the overstimulation was due to some major storms sweeping through that caused problems at my mom's house with the electricity (including the water supply), phone, computer, tv antennae, and her coward dog (who jumped through a window to get IN to her house, have you ever heard of such a thing?). What's up with all these crazy storms this year? It was all very exciting. We went out in the rain to pick some rasberries this morning which is a lot more fun than it sounds, and I got one-on-one time with my horse, who continues to pretend he doesn't miss me but I've seen a few spots of affection leak out now and then (usually when he's been tranquilized by the vet). I'm pretty sure I got poison ivy again too, but what's a weekend trip to Iowa without poison ivy?

No comments:

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...