Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I'm Learning!

At any given moment I'm thick in the middle of all kinds of crazy stuff and a blog is a great place to document some of it. So here's a list of

The Things I Learned This Week:

0. You don't have to always start with 1.
1. My husband just spent the whole evening bouncing balls all over the living room (and video taping it) but I had to allow it because it was "homework."
2. The Dandy Warhols rock out. Rock out!
3. If you claim Ohio is not part of the midwest you piss all kinds of people off.
4. When it's too hot to go to Dairy Queen it's just too hot.
5. If you say "hey baby" while you're still half-asleep it sounds like "help me" and can really freak your husband out, especially after he says, "what? Are you ok?" and you don't respond because you fell back asleep.
6. Harry Potter books totally rule the second time around!! Totally!! Rule!!
7. Nick and Jessica of MTV's the Newlyweds are actually very good for society in that they directly argue against the theory that marriage and/or fame and/or fortune = paradise.
8. Netflix is super-great because you can rent things like MTV's the Newlyweds and it's free.
9. Onions are always bad, all the time (actually I didn't learn this just this week, I've known since mid-college, but it's worth documenting here).
10. If you give a good aching muscle a good long stretch you can really kill yourself.
11. Automatic spell-check is addictive (addictive in that you go through withdrawel symptoms when you don't have it, ex when blogging).
12. Birthday cards that say "You're Ass-Tastic" are way more fun than pretty flowery crappy ones.

Here's a few other notes about my week:

Notes about teaching aerobics: I get the week off next week from teaching spin and stretch classes at the YWCA because they're re-doing the floors. I gripe about this job sometimes, especially the class I have to get up at 5:45 am for on Fridays (blah!), but you know, when I found out I get the entire week off I felt a little lost and confused, and maybe even sad. I'm actually not sure I'll survive it. Whoa! That was the opposite of the reaction I thought I'd have.

Notes about my career: I got an interview! With the guru in Seattle! I was so delirious with excitement I fell over myself and couldn't remember my own name, then immediately became dysfunctionally nervous. Hopefully I can pull myself together before the Big Date (sometime in September).

bouncing farting rockin out midwestern DQ hairy potty oniony ass-tacticalness!

J-funk
12,342

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, there are people who disputed your claim that Ohio is not midwest? Crazy! I live in Ohio and it is not the midwest I know and love. The ONLY midwest claim Ohio can stake is a Big Ten school (OSU), but Pennsylvania has a Big Ten school too (Penn State) and nobody is arguing that Pennsylvania is in the midwest.
I think my definition of midwest would exclude Kansas and maybe Nebraska and the Dakotas too. They are great plains states or something. My midwest, MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, MI, & IN is small and cozy. -Arial

mwz said...

I second that. Ohio has only a passing relationship to the midwest, ie it borders it.

Maybe someday we can move to Minnisoter (did you catch the Dandy Warhols reference there? And does it negate the reference if you point it out? And does it matter if you're already a dork and liking good music dosn't help enough to make you cool because you already have a child and a mortgage?).

Gail said...

You guys have strong feelings on our lovely homestate of Ohio. That's cool, so do I! I think that maybe Ohio is just in a class of its own. :) And I would agree that in most ways, it is not really mid-western. I'm very sorry about my previous pronouncements on Ohio. I should not have conformed to other people's opinions on our state.

That's AWSOME about your interview, J-funk. Congrats and good luck in the interview.

Derek said...

If I may quote Frankie Avalon from one of the greatest movies of all time, Back to the Beach, "Why-oh why-oh why-oh did I ever leave Ohio".

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...