Monday, July 25, 2005

... Wish it were Sunday...

I survived another Monday, this one was particularly brutal due to a late-night party at my boss' last night (late night is midnight these days, ah I do grow old...). He was throwing a goodbye party for my naked co-worker, who ships out this week but will be back briefly for a conference in Madison and one last week of partying.

I'm meeting with my committee this week to see whether they'll let me graduate someday and it's surprisingly hard preparing a list of what I want to do before I finish. I feel like there's a lot and not enough all at the same time.

I will leave you with some interesting things to do... my dad's ESL students have been exploring celebrity blogs and put up reviews of them, which I found very appealing. The whole blog-to-get-fans idea is interesting. It seems you have to make your blog, and your website, pretty freaking awesome to get people to talk enough to spread the word and get you more fans. It's worth a try though, especially if you don't mind the process in the first place. I have found blogging to be surprisingly refreshing. Another thing that's surprisingly refreshing is iced peppermint tea. Mmmmm! Here's another wild thing to check out: the Body Worlds Tour (in Cleveland right now!). This crazy German guy plasticates freshly dead people in interesting positions so their organs, blood vessels and nerves are totally preserved for your viewing pleasure. It was originally for education but now has become art. By boss' son was required to see both shows when they were in LA as part of his fancy art school program. I guess it's a little freaky but fascinating nonetheless.

And last but not least, Mohitos really are good drinks! Try one today. Immediately! I don't care if you're "working"!

3 comments:

Derek said...

Hi I am Dereka. I am really hot for you. Why don't you come over to my blog space and we can have a party. :)

Anonymous said...

Uuuuuuuw!!!! I just read Dereks post and I felt like I, at the wrong time, just walked in to...nevermind

Unknown said...

Thank you for such a fantastic blog. Where else could anyone get that kind of info written in such a perfect way? I have a presentation that I am presently working on, and I have been on the lookout for such information.
Water leak system

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...