Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Introspect!

It seems we need some introspection every once in a while on our blogs so I decided to do some introspection myself. Today I'm going to introspect about Chipotle and farting (are these related? perhaps...).

O Chipotle why are you so yummy to me? Is it because you are spicy and tasty and cheap and fast all at the same time? Perhaps it is because the delicious herbs on your rice trigger my neurotransmitters like heroin and keep me coming back again and again. Maybe it's the tables outside that are so hip and happenin and groove with my beat. Maybe I like that there is one of you everywhere I turn (except Roseville) and I can get to you whenever I need you. O Chipotle why aren't you in Roseville? And for that matter why aren't you in Iowa or on the road to Iowa so I can eat you all the way to Iowa and whenever I go to Roseville? O Chipotle! I love you!!

My studly hubby once told me that the thing that surprised him most about me was how much I fart. I was so taken aback I farted. But as a microbiologist I know that each individual has their own farting risk level so perhaps mine is higher than average? But how would I know other than my studly hubby's perspective, which is compared to what? So I'm the first woman to fart in front of him, does that mean I fart more than other people? Actually, I probably do. I'm proud to be able to fart in front of my husband, I wouldn't have it any other way (that would just be uncomfortable). But, the problem with that is once you get used to farting in front of one person, you might accidentally let down your guard at work and have to figure out a way to cover it up because farting in public is a whole different story. At my work it's easy, you just open a bottle of something smelly and drop something noisy and nobody knows what happened (or so you tell yourself). But then it happens again the next day and the next because you do it all the time at home and can't remember the difference. Then suddenly you're known as The Farter and people are joking that your chair is going to get a big hole in it from all the fumes... no I wouldn't want that to happen at all so maybe I should reign it in a little.

1 comment:

Gail said...

My blog is back

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...