Monday, November 13, 2006

The World of IM

So after some encouragement from the Studly Hubby I finally signed on for an MSN Instant Messenger (IM). This little deal gets you: immediate access anytime to send your husband animated pictures and clip-art, and to make a screen come up on his computer and shake all over - all while he's trying to work.

This deal is pretty sweet.

So I spent most of my afternoon sending him laughing heads and sheep and stars and shaking screens - much more fun than email.

There is something better about instant messages - it is slightly more like having a real conversation than email (slightly). It's also more instant (hence the name: instant messaging) - you don't even have to wait for them to check their email now. So I can send demands like: buy me some pie! and bring it over now! right... NOW!! and he can't say, "well, honey, I woulda bought you some pie and brought it over right in the middle of the afternoon even though you work all the way across town, but..... I couldn't because I didn't get your EMAIL."

Speaking of pie, I made some this weekend as practice for Thanksgiving. Every time we eat some we get better at it. I'm almost ready now...

5 comments:

Newt said...

HA HA HA maybe the hubster and I need to set that up too. But it would end up being stuff like "I love you" "I love you too" "what did you want for dinner" I'd be afraid to have any thing more "fun" than that.

Anonymous said...

I used to have an IM account but I got WAY to distracted and had to uninstall it!

Fixen Vixen said...

I know this sounds really gross, but my mother-in-law swears the only way to make a good pie is to use lard. Midwesterner secret, I guess! She does make pretty darn good pie, though.

Anonymous said...

Crisco makes the best crusts - ever.

I love IM too! It is the main way that my mother and I communicate now. She's deaf AND she lives in another country. Before it was e-mails, regular letters and phone calls through a TTD machine. It has really revitalized our relationship.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You're really demanding...especially about your pie...I'm glad I'm not married to you...

Time to take a break

 What do you do to relax? These past two years I feel like I have forgotten how to relax. It reminds me a little of grad school and how afte...